Our Active Inclusion Support Service offers a single
registration process for Further Education and Training learners.
What we do
Our goal is to ensure that, as far as is reasonably possible, all learners are provided with the supports required to allow them to fully participate and benefit from the educational opportunities available while participating in a Further Education and Training course offered by Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board.
To avail of our support during your studies, you will need to register with the Active Inclusion Support Service.
How to register
- Speak to your guidance counsellor or course co-ordinator who will take you through the registration process; or
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a copy of the registration form, which you can complete and return to us; or
- Complete the online registration process – Click the Register Now button below
You should register if
- You need learning support or reasonable examination accommodations due to a diagnosed disability, an on-going physical or mental health condition, or a learning difficulty;
- You need access to computers or technology to help you to participate in your course;
- You need help with reading, writing, maths, study skills, computer skills or in improving your English language skills;
- You would like to access career or educational advice and information.
- You would like to access the learner counselling service.
Once you register, you will be contacted by a member of our team and invited to discuss your support requirements.
This process will involve:
- Gathering some relevant background information about you as a learner;
- Discussing the demands of your course and any technology needs;
- Deciding on learning support and reasonable examination accommodations;
- Answering any questions you may have.
All information that you provide is completely confidential. With your permission, information regarding your requirements will be sent to relevant people who can provide you with the supports required. The service will not divulge the nature of your requirements with anyone. In the case of medical alert conditions such as epilepsy we will expect that you allow us to make people aware with your permission. This is for your own health and wellbeing.