Infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 can cause illness, ranging from mild to severe, and, in some cases, can be fatal. It can take anything from 2 days up to 14 days for symptoms of coronavirus to appear. They can be similar to the symptoms of cold and flu.
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
- a fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above)
- a cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- sudden loss of taste and smell
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
IF YOU FEEL UNWELL
The prompt identification and isolation of potentially infectious individuals is a crucial step in protecting the learner involved, fellow learners, and others at the college/centre.
To ensure the safety of all you must:
- make yourself aware of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and monitor your own wellbeing
- self-isolate at home and contact your GP promptly for further advice if you display any signs or symptoms
- report to your co-ordinator immediately if any symptoms develop while on campus.